>> Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Easy Lunch Box Dishes for Kids with Rice
- Capsicum Rice
- Chana (Chole) Masala Rice | Curried Chickpea Rice
- Pomegranate Rice
- Aloo Rice ~ Aloo Roast Rice | Potato Rice
- Carrot Rice | Spicy Carrot Rice
- Sweet Corn Chat Rice | Sweet Corn Fried Rice
- Tomato Fried Rice with Paneer
- Paneer Tikka Kabab | Grilled Paneer Tikka
- Mixed Dal Kabab | Indian Lentil Kebab
- Rajma and Sweet Corn Kabab | Kidney Beans Sweet Corn Kabab
- Bhutte ke hare Kabab | Corn and Spinach Kabab
- Paneer Aloo Sheekh kebab | Paneer Potato Seekh Kabab
- Grilled Cauliflower Masala | Grilled Gobi Masala
Step by Step Recipe
Fresh green peas, boiled and mashed - 3/4 cup
Potatoes, boiled and mashed 1 medium
Gram flour 1/2 cup (as required for binding)
Shah jeera 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Lemon juice 2 tsp
Salt to taste
For Masala Paste:
Coriander leaves 2 tbsp
Green Chillies paste - 1 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste 1/2 tsp
How to make Green Peas Sheek Kabab
Wash and microwave / boil the peas till soft. Allow it to cool. Microwave the potato and peel the skin. Grate the potatoes and keep it aside.
In a bowl, take all the ingredients except gram flour and mix well. Now slowly add in the gram flour and start mixing in. Make the dough is not stick and can hold shape.
Now take the skewer and grease with oil. Pinch a small ball out of the dough and press on the skewers. Press and bind really so that the the dough doesn't fall down.
If you are using your stove to grill, then place a wire rack that you use for making pulkas, gently rotate the skewers on all sides and make sure it's browned and cooked.
Serve with pudina chutney.
Make sure the peas are ground well and you add just enough gram flour. Adding too much will also make the seekh kabab not stick to the rods.
Sending these for my Kebab Mela
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 13